You are currently browsing the monthly archive for August 2010.
WoodSprite Organic Body was honored with the first annual Award for Best Skin Care Company by EcoBold (EcoBold.com), a leading provider of online video reviews of various green and eco-friendly products.
“The contributions made by these green companies makes a tremendous difference in how people produce, consume, and think about the environment,” said Steffany Boldrini, EcoBold CEO and Founder. “Their level of commitment and dedication to making a difference with sustainable and eco-friendly products are reflections of company-wide green initiatives towards a greener future.” Companies were mainly judged by the greenness of their products compared to other contestants, and were furthermore judged on their Above and Beyond efforts in having company-wide green practices, on top of making a green product.
According to the EcoBold website, WoodSprite Organic Body was named “Best Skin Care” for the following points:
Best Skin Care: WoodSprite Organic Body
– 100% natural
– 70% to 100% organic ingredients, depending on product
– Not tested on animals
Above and Beyond:
– Company has an organic garden
– Cleaning done with 100% natural products
– Company produces one bag of trash per month
– Composts all food, botanical and biodegradable waste
– Labels printed on 100% post consumer recycled paper
– Gift sets have natural raffia fiber or hemp twine
– Shipping on non-bleached, recycled paperboard or reusable organza bags